Advice from trans guys who have had top surgery
- No aspirin before surgery - it’ll make brusing and swelling worse.
- Especially before surgery, take shark cartilage, which helps with leukocyte formation, to fight infection.
- Especially before surgery, take vitamin C 1000 mg w/ bioflavanoids and rutin for tissue integrity.
- Especially before surgery, take vitamin E - only the natural stuff (the synthetic thins the blood) and not more than your surgeon recommends - taking too much can cause your scars to keloid (those thick, rope-like scars that stick out).
- Especially before and immediately after surgery, eat a nutritious, high-protein diet.
- Take button-down pyjamas and button-down shirts with you. You may not be able to get clothing up over your head after surgery, and you don’t want to be raising your arms like that for a while after surgery anyway - keep your elbows below shoulder height for at least a few weeks.