we would LOVE to see women-centric films if they weren’t written and directed by a man with a pretty gross history of abusing them
okay yeah but
- jared leto won an award for playing a trans woman and didn’t even mention trans women in his speech - also he has roughed up underaged fans before and was accused of being a rapist
- a trans woman should have played the part of a trans woman, there are plenty of actresses out there - they didn’t even try
- the special effects industry is still protesting for not being paid enough for all the work they do and they still don’t have a union
- leonardo dicaprio really isn’t the only actor you should be upset about for not winning an oscar
- a huge chunk of the academy is primarily made up of old white men over the age of 65
- only one asian actress has ever been nominated for an academy award and that was in 1935
- lupita is the seventh black woman to ever win an academy award
- this post isn’t going to get as many notes as my other oscars post did because people don’t like it when you point shitty things out
And now we have an Oscar winning black actress whom I would love to see as a superheroine!
Actually, I’d like to see her as one of the ones the last Oscar winning black actress butchered. I think you know the one I mean.
Oh my god Lupita would be great in that role especially since she’s also African and pretty much a goddess already
she needs a super hero role
I mean, have you seen her? She pretty much is a superhero already. All she needs is a cape and (some more) powers.
Jessica Danforth, Native Youth Sexual Health Network
1000x YES. the only thing that “at risk” youth are really at risk of is being underestimated, mistreated, neglected, and abused by the very support network that is supposed to empower them and keep them safe (teachers, school administrators, law enforcement).
The US is on a superiority high over Russia and gay rights, and yet.
SIGNAL BOOST THE SHIT OUT OF THIS & SIGN THE DAMN PETITION: http://www.change.org/petitions/gov-sam-brownback-void-your-gay-segregation-law